Friday, June 18, 2010

Playing hooky...

After a very busy school week, Francisco and I begged off for a day to sleep in... and Michael was kind enough to grant it. I slept in until 8:30 (but didn't get out of bed until 9:15) ((Francisco slept in until 10:30!)) Then I got up, checked emails and blog, then got ready to go for a ride on Max with Miriam. We arrived at the stables about 10:30 and got Max all ready. As I was watching Miriam brush, bridle and saddle Max, a cat walked by and I called him over. I started petting him, and he was purring, and in no time he had climbed into my lap. So I sat there for a while just relaxing. But when Max was ready I said goodbye to my new cat friend and climbed aboard the TALL Max. I had my riding helmet on (absolutely do NOT like it!) but my mom Uli said I have to wear it when I ride... so... I do! Let me set the picture for you about my "rides"... Miriam walks in front of us, and Max follows... really! But since I haven't been on a horse in 30 years, I say that is OK. But I even trotted a little bit on Max today! But that was it. Anyway, we went walking through the beautiful green fields of wheat, barley, potatoes, and sweet beets. Green EVERYWHERE!!! And then we walked through a bit of forrest and then back out to the fields. Very overcast, cloudy day, but luckily no rain came while we were walking. Back at the stables, Miriam took everything off the horse and I brushed him down. What a nice ride! Home for lunch, and then showers, and then the big Germany - Serbia soccer match. Germany lost... :( U.S.A. is up next... we will keep our fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment